Bubble Bubble slot from RTG casinos slots opens up with an eerie view of Halloween style decorations on the reels, a sexy witch dishing out wins and a bubbling cauldron full of ingredients for further gains. The game is light years ahead of the earliest RTG slots, which mostly have been pulled out of the market this day, and it offers bonus games, wilds, scatters and everything else a modern slot should have. Bubble Bubble is by no means a revolutionary pokie, but it does offer excellent game play and some big wins for a lucky player.
Bubble Bubble slot at a glance
- Works in both mobile and desktop
- Released in 2015
- Developer Real Time Gaming
- 50 pay lines with a minimum bet of 50 cents a spin with a maximum bet of 12.50
The game comes with three different features, or bonus games, that can activate when the correct symbols land on the reels. You’ll get free spins, guaranteed wins and wilds covering all the reels. As usual the bonus games are an excellent way of raking in big wins, and add an extra layer of fun to the game. With bonus games being a necessity for all modern slots having three of them in one slot is definitely a plus. All of the features are triggered when three or more scatter appear on any pay line running from left to right. The actual bonus game is chosen at random when the player clicks on one of the triggering scatter symbols, or cauldrons in this case. Below is quick recap of the features present:
- Great Ghosts Feature – once the feature activates the player receives 20 free spins. Whenever a scatter win gets paid up to nine ghosts fly over to the reels replacing the symbols and acting as wilds. Given that the ghosts can in theory appear in all 20 of the spins this is potentially a very lucrative bonus game.
- Wild Witches Feature – 9 free spins are awarded with this bonus game, and in addition Winni the Witch herself will turn one or two additional reels to full of wilds whenever she appears. This bonus game also has an additional Win-Win feature, which gives the player a prize of 100 times their bet should the spins themselves trigger no wins.
- Bewitched Feature – More free spins are awarded, this time seven in total. Winni the Witch in turn covers the middle reel as a wild, substituting for all symbols.
Graphics, theme and the basic game play
The theme of the game is of course Halloween, as can be attested by the less than scantily clad witch named Winni. Skulls, spiders, cauldrons, spell books and whatnot connected to the theme fill the rest of the reels, while occasional animations see bats, skeletons and spiders interact with the reels from time to time. The graphics are quite well done, and work perfectly both on desktop and mobile screens. The sound effects and music are nothing to write home about, but they do fill their role and are a major improvement from earlier slots that seemed all to share the same sounds effects.
The basic game play seems to award relatively little and small wins, so when playing you’re really waiting for the bonus games, wilds and scatters to make their way to the screen. When playing with the highest bet levels it is quite frustrating to win a prize that is not even a tenth of your bet, and this is something that should be made away with in general. Winni the Witch works as the wild symbol, and whenever she lands on the middle reel all the symbols therein are converted to wilds, scatters in turn activate the bonus features.
Bubble Bubble is nothing spectacular or groundbreaking, and neither is it a bad slot. It’s something that is for sure fun to play for a while, and the bonus games are really worth some big money. Not that you’ll be raking in millions, but hundreds and thousands are a possibility worth investing in. The graphics, sounds effects and animations all work quite well for their purpose.
My personal favorite about this game is the skeleton speed button, which allows the player to control the speed of the reels. Though be careful as with the fastest speed you might find yourself clicking the spin button far more often than you originally envisioned, which on the other hand indicates that the game has the right kind of entertainment to draw in players. We suggest you give this slot a try, as it certainly has all the qualities needed to be a favorite for some players. Here’s also for hoping that more and more casinos pick up this game for their Halloween celebrations and free spin offers.