The Citadel Instant Banking service is just what it sounds like. The company, Citadel Commerce, allows players to fund their online casino accounts directly from their bank accounts via instant bank transfers. It’s also possible for users to receive funds (withdraw) through Instant Banking from the casino.
The company is headquartered in the UK and provides services in 30 countries. They work with more than 300 banks — and with local currencies — in many European countries, Australia, Japan, The United States, Canada and more. When it comes to online casinos, this method is available for Canadian, European, New Zealand and UK casino players.
Best Citadel Casinos
How it Works?
Unlike e-wallet payment systems such as Paypal or Neteller, there is no need to pre-fund anything with Citadel before you can make or receive payments. In fact, you don’t even need to register for an account to use the service. If your bank is among the hundreds that Citadel supports, you can go directly to your favourite casino, select Citadel as your payment method, and just follow the instructions to make your deposit or withdrawal.
Making a deposit at Citadel casino account is quite easy really. You’ll go through the following steps:
- Go to the deposit page at your chosen online casino.
- Select Citadel or Citadel Instant Banking as your payment method.
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit and click “Next”. (You will be redirected to the Instant Banking page)
- Select your bank from the dropdown menu.
- You should now be directed to your bank’s online banking page.
- Log into your online banking as you normally would.
- Choose the account you would like to use for the transfer.
- Approve your payment.
The funds should be debited from your account and the casino should receive notification that the transfer has been made immediately. Your funds should then be credited to your casino account and available for you to use within a few moments.
Advantages Of Using Citadel Instant Banking
- The main advantage users get from Citadel is the fact that everything works directly from their bank account, and without the need to register or sign up for anything. There is no need to worry about yet another username and password, or to preload funds into an e-wallet system or onto a card.
- Using Citadel, players can carry out transfers from any device. In all but a few cases, transfers can be made through a standard web browsers, so it’s easy to do on PC, tablet, or phone. Some banks will require the extra step of downloading the Citadel Payment Assistant Wizard to complete your transaction, but the vast majority of the supported banks do not.
- Funding your account with Citadel helps protect your anonymity. None of your banking or personal information is shared with the casino. On the other side of the coin, the transfer on your bank statement will show up as a transfer to “Citadel Commerce” instead of a casino.
Disadvantages Of Citadel Banking
- Some casinos will allow deposits with Citadel but don’t support making withdrawals. If you’re planning to use this payment method, you should make sure that you can withdraw money the same way, or that there is another withdrawal method that will work for you.
- The amount you can transfer through Citadel will be limited at first. The exact limit will depend on your bank and/or the casino. However, after a few successful transfers, the limit will be raised automatically.
- Citadel is a well known and trusted payment method among ecommerce businesses, but among online casinos it is not as prevalent as some other payment methods. Plus, it’s not available in all countries (exact list here). Another option you can check is Trustly casinos. Trustly works in a similar way but it’s available in wider range of casinos.