Paysafecard came to life in Austria in 2000. A year later, in 2001, the payment processor was also launched in Germany. Over the years they’ve expanded considerably. Paysafecard products are now available in more than 600,000 retail outlets around the world, in 26 different currencies, and in more than 45 countries.
The product was, initially, an actual card sold at retail outlets in various denominations. The card could then be used to make purchases online by entering a 16 digit PIN code. In 2002, however, it also became possible to purchase the product as an e-voucher, which is a printed receipt, without the need for a physical card.
Making Paysafecard casino deposits carries some great benefits, such as safety, high level of budget control and more. Check out our list of best casinos that accept Paysafecard. If you are new to Paysafe, below the table you can find detailed guide on how to make Paysafe casino deposits.
Best Paysafecard Casinos
How To Purchase Paysafecard
The Paysafecard company does not sell their product directly to the end user. You will need to purchase your card/voucher from a retailer. Luckily, the company provides a very helpful retail outlet locator for all of the areas where Paysafecard is available.
Players can buy and use the Paysafecard on its own, but it is possible to create an account on the Paysafecard website that will allow you to manage multiple cards/vouchers. The company has also partnered with Mastercard, allowing users in some countries to request a prepaid Mastercard that is linked to their Paysafecard account. The Mastercard can be used to make purchases online or offline, or even to withdraw funds through an ATM.
To get started, go to the Paysafecard website. Along the top of the page, you will see a link that says “Buy paysafecard”. Clicking that link will open a submenu that allows you to search for a retailer in your area. Depending on where you reside, there may also be an option to make your purchase online. Online purchasing is not available everywhere, though. From there, it’s up to you. If you want to be able to make a casino deposit higher than the denomination of a single card, you should buy more.
It’s also worth noting that in some areas the cards may be restricted. For example, cards purchased in the US will not work on gambling sites. If you’re in an area where there are restrictions on online gambling, you should read through the Paysafecard site carefully. Click on “Using paysafecard” in the top menu of their site and then click on “Overview” in the submenu to see if there are any special restrictions in your area.
Making A Casino Deposit with Paysafecard
Using Paysafecard to make a deposit at your favourite online casino is a very straightforward affair. Once you’ve purchased your card or voucher, head to your chosen site and the process for making a deposit will be something similar to the following:
- Click on banking and choose deposit.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Choose Paysafecard as your deposit method.
- Enter the 16 digit PIN for your card or voucher and submit.
That’s all there is to it. In most cases, your funds will be available in your casino account immediately.
When making regular purchases, it is possible to combine up to 10 Paysafecard PINs to cover the cost of a single transaction. There are varying reports of this working or not working with online casinos. Some people report that they are not able to combine multiple cards and must do a separate transaction for each card. Others report that the multiple card function works just fine for them. If you want to deposit more than the balance of a single card, you’ll just have to try and see if it works for you.
Advantages Of Paysafecard Casinos
- Paysafecard gives the user the ultimate in privacy. Not only does it keep your personal, credit card, and banking information from the casino, you don’t even have to provide that information to Paysafecard. If you purchase your card/voucher with cash, it’s completely anonymous.
- Paysafecard can be used to transfer funds to some e-wallet systems. If you don’t have a bank account or credit card (or just don’t want to use them) to fund an e-wallet, Paysafecard could be a good way to get things done.
- Using Paysafecard makes it much more difficult to go over your loss limit when compared to other methods like credit cards or e-wallets like Skrill and Paypal. It’s not so easy to just reload payment account and send more money off to the casino.
Disadvantages Of Using Paysafecard
- The first obvious disadvantage is that in many cases you may have to physically travel to get your card or voucher. For some, it may not be worth the trouble, even with the added layers of privacy.
- Did you notice there was no “Making A Withdrawal With Paysafecard” section above? That’s because it’s not possible to withdraw back to Paysafe. Complicating things a bit further, since most casinos won’t let you withdraw to other payment processors unless you used them to deposit, you’ll most likely have to settle for cashing out by check or bank transfer. Either method can take anywhere from a couple of days to a week or more for your money to reach you. If you don’t like the idea, check our page of UK casino deposit methods for variety of options that allow both instant deposit and withdrawals.
- Wherever you by your card or voucher, be it online or offline, there will be a maximum denomination that you can purchase. If you want to deposit more than this, it means keeping track of multiple PINs and perhaps making multiple transactions with the casino, which can be a bit of an annoyance. High Roller casino players should choose something else.