Trustly is an electronic payment system available to consumers in 29 European countries. The company was founded in 2008, initially known as InstaBank, and is authorized and supervised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. They also hold a European Payment Services Provider (PSP) license in accordance with the Payment Services Directive.
Trustly allows you to make payments and fund your casino account directly from your bank account — instantly in most cases. At the time of writing, the service works with hundreds of banks across Europe. Best of all, Trustly works in both directions, so players can use it for both deposits to and withdrawals from their favourite online casino. Worth noting that the withdrawals take some time, usually 1-3 days, so there are faster withdrawals methods out there.
*Recently, Trustly introduced their unique Pay & Play service, where you can play in online casinos without sign up or registration. We will cover it later in a dedicated article.
Best Trustly Casinos
How it Works?
Unlike most other payment services, there is no need to register or sign up for an account before making a payment. Using Trustly is very easy. All you’ll need to do is go to your casino’s deposit page and select Trustly as the method you’d like to use, then complete the following steps:
- Choose your bank from those listed
- Enter the amount of money that you want to deposit
- Log into your bank as you normally would
- Select the account you would like to use to make the payment
- Confirm your payment according to your bank’s procedures
The entire process will only take a few seconds and your funds should be credited to your casino account within a few moments.
Advantages Of Using Trustly
- Probably the most notable advantage to using Trustly is that there is no signup required. There is actually nothing required other than a bank account at a bank that the company works with. You won’t need to download an app or preload an account as you have to do with many other payment systems, like Paypal, Skrill and so on.
- Another advantage to using Trustly is that they do not impose a transaction limit. Any limit you may run into will be set either by the casino where you are trying to deposit or by your bank. Because of this, users can be sure they will be able to transfer larger amounts in order to get the most out of bonus codes offered.
- It is also possible to use the Trustly service with an unsupported bank, but the transaction will most likely take three to four days to complete, like a normal wire transfer. This might defeat the purpose of using the service for most people, but if you have limited options for funding your casino account, it could still be the most convenient. To check if your bank supports Trustly please take a look here.
Disadvantages Of Using Trustly
- Since the Trustly service is, at its most basic level, a standard bank transfer, once a transaction is confirmed it is irreversible. If, for any reason, your funds are not credited to your casino account or you have some other problem, it may be more difficult to get a refund than if you had used another method like a credit card.
- Users may also incur some fees from their bank, the casino where they are trying to deposit, or both. You should be sure to check the terms for your bank and the casino before initiating a transfer.
One of the best casino deposit methods on the market. Especially with the addition of the Pay and Play feature. The only drawback is the withdrawals that take 1-3 days.