The Quest To The West slot from Betsoft might not be exactly what you’d expect just from hearing the name. This one is no western. It’s actually an Asian themed slot full of characters making their own quest to get to the west and collect the riches that have been uncovered there. Help them on their way and a share of those riches will be yours.
The Asian theme of Quest to the West is elegant, but simple. There are no over-the-top animated characters and you can see that most of the design effort went into just making the playfield look good and the game itself play well. There aren’t a lot of bells and whistles, but there is some great, exciting slots action that true enthusiasts are sure to love. It’s surely going to be a welcome release at those special casinos where the US and Australian players can get into to make some spins, too.
Wagering & Payout
The Quest To The West is a typical five-reel, three-row slot that plays on 25 fixed pay lines. There are three high-value symbols on the reels, three mid-value symbols, and five lower value symbols. The high and mid value symbols are various Asian character and symbols, and the lower value symbols are the playing card values ten, jack, queen, king, and ace.
There is also a special monkey king symbol who serves as a wild and also has a few tricks that he gets up to that will help you put some extra cash in your pockets as you play.
Setting bets on the Quest To The West Slot is quick and easy. Like most Betsoft games these days, all you have to to is pick the amount you’d like to play on each spin. There are 20 preset amounts to pick from. You can play for a minimum of £.02 up to a maximum of £80.
Play the Quest to West Slot At Betsoft Casinos
Yes – Why To Play The Quest To The West Slot
- This slot is truly designed for those who like a simple and straightforward slot that lets them get down to business and enjoy the game itself rather than trying to impress you with all kinds of three-dimensional characters and animations.
- The game plays very smooth and fast. If you’re the type that likes to play fast but just can’t sit there and watch a machine play itself on autoplay, you should really like how this one moves.
- The return to player (RTP) rate on this game is generous and even higher than in many other games. It’s posted at 97.53%.
- The maximum possible win on this machine is also nothing to laugh at. You can win up to 1260.5 times your bet, which works out to £100,840 if you’re playing the maximum bet.
- Good news for Australian casino players and also USA casino players: this game is available at your favourite Betsoft casino!
No – Why Not Play?
- As we said, this is a simple and straightforward video slot machine. If you’re the type that’s looking more for the 3-D video game type slots, you probably won’t get too excited about this one.
- The game is designed well overall, but it seems like a bit more work could have gone into the symbols. There are too many playing card symbols and the other symbols could have been kicked up a notch to really make this a beautiful slot.
- The bonus features can create some great payouts, but the pickings are slim. The bonuses come up randomly and there’s really only one to speak of. Something extra in this area would have added a lot more excitement.
Quest To The West Slot Bonus Features
All the bonus features of the Quest To The West slot are based around the elusive (and rather creepy looping) monkey king. If either one or two monkey king symbols stop on the reels, they will behave as wild symbols.
Three Monkey King Symbols
It’s when three monkey king symbols appear at once that the fun will begin. Whenever three monkey kings land at one time, they not only become wild, they become walking wild symbols.
When the feature triggers, one free respin will be granted and all monkey king symbols will move one step across the reels to the left. A win on any respin will be paid immediately. As long as there are monkey king symbols on the reels, the respins will continue until all of them have moved off the left side of the reels.
What’s more, whenever a new monkey king lands on the reels during one of the respins, he will become part of those that must move off the screen before the feature ends, so it’s possible to rack quite a lot of free spins with quite a lot of wild symbols floating around.