Cops n’ Bandits is a Playtech powered video slot released in the distant year of 2012! It tackles the eternal conflict between law enforcement and those who seek to get rich quick. The graphics are bland and cartoony. It seems like the artists tried to stylize it, but failed to create anything engaging.
And while the slammer looms in the background, you get to experience an epic breakout without having to get arrested! Instead, you get to enjoy all the action in this 5 reel game from the comforts of your own home. There are a total of 30 fixed paylines, that pay left to right only.
Regardless of which side of the law you fall under, Cops n’ Bandits has something to keep you busy. Identifying suspects, locking up robbers and even swiping cop badges!
(This is a marketing video created to promote the Playtech Slot, the game play was in demonstration mode)
Tags: Playtech Casinos
Yes – Why to play Cops n’ Bandits
- The special features do not do anything new, but they are still quite enjoyable! Free spins are activated in a traditional fashion, but the number of turns is different every time. The two thief symbols can also become additional Wilds that get frozen in place during free spins! Finally, there’s a point and click bonus hidden behind a police line-up. Great creativity on Playtech’s part!
- Gameplay in general is also quite satisfying. It feels like a bonus is never too far away. Perhaps it was just luck, but we doubt we would be so lucky for the entire testing duration.
No – why not to play?
- It is rare that there is nothing we like about the graphics, but sadly, that is the case here. No interesting animations, symbols that look like hot garbage, and a drab background image devoid of color. Playtech’s artists really dropped the ball with this game.
- With an RTP of 95.31%, this release is below the current industry average. We also were not able to find any information about its volatility.
- Free Spins: Three Scatters landing on the playing field lets players pick one badge. If there are four of five Scatters, gamblers get two badge picks. Each badge reveals a number, and their total sum is the amount of free spins!
- Locked Wild: Only available during extra turns. When a cop lands next to the two thief icons on reels two, three or four, he arrests him. The thief is locked in place, and turns into a Wild until free spins end.
- Line-Up Bonus: Six criminals stand in a line-up. Your goal is to guess the right perp as quickly as possible. Each wrong guess reduces your total cash prize.
Cops n’ Bandits is not the perfect game, but it does try. And while we liked certain aspects of it, we would not recommend it to others thanks to the boring visuals. We don’t want to reward laziness on the developer’s part.