The Hidden Valley slot from Quickspin is something both old and new. Based on the story of Shangri-La, this new slot is actually an HTML5 reboot of a Quickspin favourite that was first created to work with Flash. Now updated to work in all modern browsers and across all current devices, Hidden Valley is poised to reach a whole new audience that will surely enjoy this Quickspin classic.
Hidden Valley is a five-reel slot with the first and fifth reel having three rows and the three middle reels having four rows. There are 40 fixed pay lines that you will be wagering on, plus wild multiplier symbols that can multiply wins from one time to ten times your line bet based on the size of your wager. There is also a free spins bonus that will grant varying numbers of spins as well as extra wild symbols to push win amounts even higher.
Placing bets on this slot is not as simple as just betting on the 40 lines. The range of possibilities for the multiplier wild symbols will depend on your bet size as well. When you bet higher, as you might have already guessed, the multiplier values go up. There are four separate multiplier ranges: 1x – 2x, 2x – 4x, 3x – 6x, and 4x – 10x. The minimum bet per spin with the lowest multiplier level is £.40 while the minimum with the highest multiplier level is £1.20. The maximum wager per spin, with the multiplier set to maximum, is £120.
Best Quickspin Casinos to get Started
Yes – Why To Play The Hidden Valley Slot
- All symbols, including wilds, appear stacked on portions of the reels. When they combine the right way, it can make for some impressive payouts.
- Multiplier wild symbols appear quite often and help boost payouts more than one would expect.
- The right combination of options on the bonus free spins feature can lead to very large wins.
- There is a 96.5% return to player rate on this slot which gives players a great return for the money they wager.
No – Why Not Play?
- Bonus features are limited and not really interactive. If you like interactive bonus features, you probably won’t like this slot.
- Ironically, coming from a company named Quickspin, there is no option to set quick spins on this slot. So if you like to play fast, you’re out of luck.
- It may just be my imagination, but it seems that when playing with the highest wild multiplier, the supposedly randomly chosen multiplier value seems to go to the lower three possibilities much more often than it goes to the higher three.
Hidden Valley Slot Bonus Features
The hidden valley slot basically has just one bonus feature, free spins. There are, however, a few different options that can occur within the free spins to mix things up a bit. Let’s look at how it all works.
As you might expect, the free spins bonus is triggered when three scatter symbols land anywhere on the reels. The three scatter symbols pay two times your bet.
When the free spins bonus is triggered, the player will first be taken to the bonus wheel, which really consists of two wheels. When they spin, the first wheel will determine if you will get extra wild symbols during the free spins. The other wheel will decide how many free spins you actually get.
If you are awarded extra wilds, one of the medium value pay symbols will become wild for the duration of free spins. It will not, however, receive a multiplier.
You can also win more free spins or extra wilds by landing two or more scatter symbols during the free spins round.
The Hidden Valley slot sits right on the edge between being exciting and boring. With no interactivity and the standard free spins bonus, it can seem a little bit tedious. The wild multiplier and fairly frequent payouts make up for this though. Just as you might start to feel like it’s time to go play something else, a nice sized win seems to come along and get you back into the game.
I’d have to say that this one is not going to blow your mind, but from the medium volatility payouts and good RTP to the flexible betting options, just about anyone should enjoy this slot. It’s probably not going to make the top of your list, but it’s likely that it will earn a spot on the list. If you haven’t explored the Hidden Valley slot, it would be worth your time to do so.
If you follow the Shangri-la story, you may also try The Legend of Shangri-La from NetEnt.