The Jungle Books slot from Yggdrasil is one of the most unique video slot machines that any company has released. It is a highly polished 3D design based on characters from Rudyard Kipling’s 1894 story collection “The Jungle Book”. For those who didn’t know, the story of the “man-cub” Mowgli and other characters that appear in the Disney animation and books are not Disney originals, which is why Yggdrasil can release this game without fear of copyright infringement.
Strangely, you won’t see a single one of the characters on the reels. They do appear, however, in beautifully detailed renderings beside the reels, granting various bonuses as you play the game. The game itself is somewhat hard to describe in a linear fashion because much of it changes as you play.
The reels are populated by six different kinds of jungle fruits and symbols for the four playing card suits. This is a five-reel slot, but the number of visible rows can change from three to four on different reels depending on which of the Jungle Book characters is active (more on that below). It is a fixed pay line slot, but again, the number of pay lines can change from 58 to 68 depending on what’s happening in the game.
The Jungle Books slot will let you set the coin value to a minimum of £.002 which equals a total bet of £.10 per spin. The maximum coin value is £2.00, but the maximum bet will stop at £100 even though 58 or 68 times £2.00 is more than that.
Best Yggdrasil Casinos to Get Started:
Yes – Why To Play Jungle Books Slot
- The game has beautiful 3D graphics all the way around. The reels, characters, animations, and background are all done with extreme attention to detail.
- The frequently changing background setting and bonus features keep things interesting.
- The return to player rate on this slot is 96.1%. It’s not the highest in the industry, but it does give players good value for their money.
No – Why Not Play?
- There are many bonus features, but they aren’t really interactive, which can get a little boring.
- The Jungle Books slot seems to be a low volatility slot. You’ll get fairly frequent wins paying out small amounts, but hitting the big winners seems to be quite difficult.
- It can sometimes take more than 100 spins for the character effects to change. This gets somewhat tedious.
Jungle Books Slot Bonus Features
Jungle Books comes with many different bonus features and a pretty unique way of integrating them into the game. They all occur randomly and switch fairly frequently, so gameplay is always changing.
The basic logic behind the bonus system relies on five characters from the Jungle Book. Each character has their own realm within the game and two special effects they can use to alter how the game plays. One character is always on the screen, but two characters can be present at the same time.
When two characters are present, the one who is within his realm will act as the host and contribute both of his effects. The other character acts as the guest and will add one of his effects. So, there will always be at least two effects active with the possibility of combining three.
When the Boy is present as the host, the reels take on a 3-3-4-3-3 visible row layout with 58 pay lines. His effects are synced reels and spreading wilds.
- When in the Boy, Tiger, and Bear’s realm, reels one and two are synced together and reels four and five are synced together.
- When in the Snake and Panther’s realm, reels two, three, and four are synced.
- Synced reels always give the same result.
- All wilds that land on the reels, including wilds caused by other features, create either one or two extra wilds that will spread to random positions.
- If this feature combines with the Tiger’s sticky respin feature, all wilds from the original spins will spread and on the respins the same wilds will spread. Any new wilds that land on the respin will also spread.
When the Tiger is present as the host, the reels take on 3-3-4-3-3 visible row layout with 58 pay lines. His effects are sticky respins and stacked wilds.
- On any winning spin, the player is awarded another spin with the winning symbols and any wild symbols held in place.
- If a honeycomb lands on a spin, the player is awarded a respin with the honeycomb and wild symbols held in place.
- All winning lines and honeycomb symbol are paid out at the end of the respin.
- In the Boy, Tiger, and Bear’s realms stacked wilds are added to reel three.
- In the Panther’s realm stacked wilds are added to reels one and five.
- In the Snake’s realm stacked wilds are added to reels two, three, and four.
- This feature can combine with the spreading wilds feature to generate more wild symbols.
When the Bear is present as the host, the reels take on a 3-3-4-3-3 visible row layout with 58 pay lines. His effects are stacked symbols and the honeycomb.
- One random symbol becomes stacked on all of the reels for each spin.
- It is possible for the stacked symbol to be wild or honeycombs.
- In the Boy, Tiger, and Bear’s realm, the honeycomb symbol is added to reel three.
- In the Panther’s realm, the honeycomb symbol is added to reels one and five.
- In the Snake’s realm, the honeycomb symbol is added to reels two, three, and four.
- This feature can combine with the sticky respin or stacked symbol features to increase the number of honeycombs.
- When one or more honeycomb symbols land anywhere on the reels, the player is presented with a minigame where he can choose from several honeycomb cells to get a prize. The players can pick one prize for each honeycomb symbols that lands.
- Possible prizes from the honeycomb minigame range from 50 coins up to 50,000 coins.
When the Panther is present as the host, the reels take on 4-3-3-3-4 visible row layout with 68 pay lines. His effects are wild superhigh pay symbols and win multipliers.
Wild Superhigh Pay Symbols
- All superhigh pay symbols (peaches) on the reels become wild.
- This feature can combine with the spreading wild feature to generate more wild symbols.
- Random winning spins will receive 2x, 3x, or 5x multipliers.
- Multipliers are added to the entire spin, including honeycomb symbols.
- If this feature combines with the sticky respin feature, the multiplier is added to the final respin only.
- If this feature combines with the Snake’s multiplier feature, the Snake’s multiplier is added to the specific line win and then the win multiplier is added to the entire spin.
When the Snake is present as the host, the reels take on a 3-4-4-4-3 visible row layout with 68 pay lines. His effects are Win Both Ways and 3x Wild Multiplier.
Win Both Ways
- Pay line wins will be paid from left to right and right to left.
- Five of a kind wins will pay from both sides.
3x Wild Multiplier
- Any winning line with at least one wild in the pay line will receive a 3x multiplier boost.
- These multipliers do not stack. Only one 3x bonus will be added per line even if there is more than one wild on the line.
As soon as you see the Jungle Books slot, it’s evident that a lot of thought went into the design of the game from both an audiovisual standpoint and a game mechanics angle. The graphics and sounds are both beautiful. There is a very high level of detail in everything visual. The gameplay and integration of the bonus features are also very unique and creative.
The fact that all but one of the bonus features are completely non-interactive makes it feel a bit like something is missing. The frequently changing scenes, characters, and bonus features, though, should hold your interest.
The Jungle Books slot is definitely worth some play time. I’m sure that it will find its way onto the favourites list of more than a few of you out there.
If you are looking for a game with interactive bonus features, you may want to try Treasures Of The Lamps Slot.