The Lucha Legends slot is highly stylized and thoroughly enjoyable video slot released by veteran UK design company Microgaming. Based on the wild world of Latin American wrestling — better known as Lucha Libre — this slot is filled with outrageous, masked characters and plenty of animated action. With a special power-up mode and possible wins of up to £165,000, this slot is sure to get your adrenaline pumping.
Lucha Legends plays out on five reels with three rows and 25 fixed pay lines. As those reels spin, you’ll see four wrestling characters symbols including the tiny tag team of Sal & Pepe, Burro, El Diablo, and Martio. The wrestlers — or luchadores — are the high paying symbols, with all paying the same amount, six times your bet for five of a kind. There’s also a sexy round-card girl, a goofy referee, and playing card symbols jack through ace.
There are two basic options that can be changed to adjust your wager. Players can choose the overall amount they want to bet, and if they wish to use the special power-up mode, which doubles your bet and adds some perks to the payouts in the game. Without powerup mode enabled, the minimum bet is £.25 per and the maximum is £37.50. Switching on the power-up mode will double those limits to £.50 and £75.00.
Available at the Best Microgaming Casinos
Yes – Why To Play The Lucha Legends Slot
- Lucha Legends has a very well designed and executed theme. The characters are on and off the reels and make the game a lot of fun to play.
- Bonus features are scarce but trigger quite often, adding a lot of enjoyment to the game experience.
- Lucha Legends appears to be a low volatility slot, meaning you will see fairly consistent wins, which is usually comforting to those with a limited bankroll or more conservative gambling style.
- Free spins can be retriggered, giving the possibility for quite a lot of free games.
- Return to Player for this slot machine is 96.38%
No – Why Not Play?
- Although payouts come along consistently, it should be obvious from the maximum base game payout of six times your bet that those payouts are going to be small. There might not be enough excitement here for veteran slot players.
- Again, although bonus features trigger at a good rate, they are limited and don’t provide interactivity. If you’re someone who plays mainly for the bonus features on a slot, this one might not give you enough of what you’re looking for.
- The maximum award of £165,500 is certainly an impressive number, but with the low five-of-a-kind payouts, one has to wonder what miracle combination of bonus features is necessary to hit that number.
Lucha Legends Bonus Features
As was mentioned above, the bonus features on Lucha Legends are pretty limited, but they also trigger fairly often, making up for that somewhat.
There are free spins, but the feature that has the biggest overall effect on the game is what they call super wilds. Super wilds can trigger any time a wild symbol lands on the reels during the base game. When it happens, one of the wrestler characters will appear on the screen to do his signature move and boost your reward. The result will be that a win involving wild symbols will be multiplied by either two or three times, or two adjacent symbols on the reels will also become wild.
Although it’s not really a bonus feature, the power-up mode is also worth mentioning. When activated, it will double your bet for each spin and boost the super wild win results. In power-up mode, super wild wins will multiply by three or five, or four adjacent symbols will become wild.
You can play this game at most European gambling sites, specially online casinos regulated in UK. If you like slot machines with a cartoonish style, I recommend you trying the following tittles: