With their Monster Wheel Slot, Microgaming is inviting you to join the one and only Monster Drag race and win up to 11,000 coins! Apart from your scary competitors, double win-ways payline structure that can be switched during the game is what makes the slot even more unique, allowing the players to adjust the slot to their own preferences.
This is not the only aspect of the game that users will get to tailor to their own needs; even the number of Free Spins and the level of multiplier is optional and you will get to choose between a higher number of spins and a lower multiplier, and vice versa.
Ready, steady, go!
Yes – Why to Play Monster Wheels Slot
- The switchable payline system is not something you will find very often and Microgaming will present you with an option of choosing 128 or 288 active lines before the main game screen is launched. Once inside the game, the number of lines can be replaced with a different set through the big red button at the bottom of the middle reel. With that, the layout of the reel will change as well.
- Choice of Free Spins is also something that Microgaming often introduces to their slots, enabling the players to literally customise the bonus feature according to their own preferences.
- Free Spins will not necessarily stop once the originally selected number expires – a new triggering icon combination can re-activate the bonus.
- Your PC is not the only device that supports Monster Wheels and the race continues on your tablet or smartphone, wherever you are.
- Monster Wheels is a Low to Medium variance slot, which makes it more stable and less risky for the players that cannot afford major balance oscillation.
No – Why Not to Play?
- Wild symbol, that can replace all other icons except for the Scatter is restricted to only one reel. Landing limitation is not uncommon for Wild icons in general, but in most cases, the symbols can land on at least 3 reels.
- It would have been nicer if the developer was more versatile with bonus features and included something more innovative than Free Spins+multiplier.
- Mediocre RTP of 96.04%.
Best Microgaming Casinos to Play:
Bonus features is where the slot takes a turn for the worse.
Free Spins Choice
Petrol Tank Scatter icons unlock the bonus mode when they land on reels 1, 3 and 5 and the player is presented with 3 Free Spins options to choose from. This is a great option which we’ve seen in Immortal Romance, Game of Thrones and some other slots, as it allows us to influence the volatility of the slots.
- 12 Free Spins + x2 multiplier
- 6 Free Spins + x4 multiplier
- 3 Free Spins + x8 multiplier
The betting level and the stakes at which the Free Spins are played are the same as with the spin that started the round.
Monster Wheel is without a doubt a fun game that starts strong (with the changeable payline sets) but loses the edge as you emerge deeper into the slot, realising that there are no hidden surprises and that the Free Spins bonus is pretty much where special features end.
Although one cannot complain about the number of spins unlocked or the fact that the feature can be re-triggered, the overall impression is that Microgaming has only scratched the surface with this slot.
Still, as one of the top-notch software developers, they have a lot of credit and “incidents” like this are allowed.