Monty Python and the Holy Grail slot from Playtech is the follow up to the smash hit Life of Brian slot and is set to be just as popular. Much like it’s predecessor it is feature packed with humorous bonuses.
Best Playtech Casinos to Play:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
5-Reel 30-Line Slot
The objective of Monty Python and the Holy Grail is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
TO PLAY THE GAME
- This game is played with a fixed number of 30 active paylines. Your total bet per game round is your line bet × 30.
- Choose your total bet by clicking “-” or “+”
- Click the TURBO MODE button to switch the Turbo Mode on or off. When turned on, some win animations and sounds are skipped and the reels spin faster.
- Clicking SPIN spins the reels with the currently selected line bet. During the reel spin the SPIN button changes into STOP. Clicking STOP ends the spin animation and immediately displays the spin result.
- To use Autoplay, you must first set the Autoplay session limitations. See below for more information about setting Autoplay limitations.
- Reels can also be spun using the Auto play function. Mouse over the AUTO PLAY button to display the list of options.
- Click on an option to start the Autoplay function. During Auto Play mode the AUTO PLAY button changes into a smaller STOP AUTO PLAY button. Click this button to stop AutoPlay mode.
- To enter the triggered feature, click the CLICK TO START button. After the end of the feature, click CONTINUE on the winnings summary screen to return to the main game or resume the Auto play mode (if there are any auto spins left to play).
- The paytable can be accessed via the INFO button or by clicking the paytable option in the casino toolbar.
Before entering Autoplay mode you must set the Autoplay session limitations. The set Autoplay session limitations apply to only one Autoplay session in the current game.
In the ‘Responsible Gaming – Auto Play’ dialog box, you can set the following:
- Stop Autoplay on overall loss of: (mandatory). The amount of money you can spend in the Autoplay session. If you reach the set limit, Autoplay will stop.
Note that each Autoplay bet reduces the set limit, and each Autoplay win increases the remaining limit.
- Stop on single win more than: Checkbox and win amount (optional). Autoplay will stop if you win more than the set amount, on a single bet.
- Stop Autoplay on Jackpot win: Checkbox (optional). Autoplay will stop when you win the Jackpot. This limitation is available only for progressive games.
To save your settings and start the Autoplay session, click Confirm. To return to your regular gameplay, click Exit.
- Wins are calculated according to the Paytable, which can be accessed via the Menu.
- Line win = line bet × corresponding multiplier according to the paytable.
- If more than 1 active payline has a winning combination, the winnings are added up. If 2 winning combinations occur on the same line, you will be paid the value of the higher winning combination. Winning combinations must start from the leftmost reel, and the symbols have to be consecutive along a payline. The SCATTER symbol is an exception to these rules. More information about the SCATTER symbol can be found below.
- The accumulating winnings and all payline wins are shown for each winning spin. In the case of large wins, a Win popup opens displaying the total spin revenue.
MAXIMUM WIN LIMIT
The maximum win in the game has an upper limit. For more information, see the Terms and Conditions section.
There are 2 types of WILD symbols in this game: WILD and the HOLY GRAIL WILD.
The game’s logo is a WILD symbol in the game. The WILD symbol can stand for any symbol (except the SCATTER symbol) to make the best possible winning combination. There is also a separate payout for 3 or more WILD symbols on an active payline. This is paid out instead of the regular symbol win if the win amount from WILD symbols is larger than the win from the regular symbols (by WILD standing in).
The Holy Grail symbol is a WILD symbol in the game and appears only on reel 5. Whenever a Holy Grail WILD symbol lands it will trigger the following changes:
- Any Holy Grail WILD symbol that lands will move left along the same row of symbols.
- A different symbol will be revealed behind the Holy Grail WILD.
- The Holy Grail WILD may stop on any position to the left of its original position.
- When the Holy Grail WILD stops it may move again, leaving a clone in the place it stopped.
More than 1 Holy Grail symbol can appear per spin.
Free games symbol is the SCATTER symbol in this game. SCATTER symbols can appear on reels 1, 3 and 5 only. 3 SCATTER symbols landing simultaneously trigger the Quest of Camelot Free Games.
Quest of Camelot Free Games
Free games are triggered by 3 SCATTER symbols landing simultaneously on reels 1, 3 and 5.
To enter the triggered free games feature, press CLICK TO START. You will then be presented with a screen showing 12 shields. Pick shields to win random numbers of free games with random modifiers. A picked shield is added to the collection area that matches its colour. There are 3 free games modes: The Castle of the Britons (awarded by filling a collection area with blue shields), The Forest of Bravery (awarded by filling a collection area with green shields), and The Cave of Caerbannog (awarded by filling a collection area with red shields).
When you have filled the collection area for a particular free games mode, the corresponding mode will start. The number of shields required to fill a collection area for a particular free games mode is randomly set at 2, 3 or 4.
The Castle of the Britons
The Castle of the Britons free games mode has 4 possible modifiers:
- The French Invaders may appear on any spin and add up to 3 random WILD symbols to the spin result.
- The Trojan Rabbit may add a stacked WILD on any Trojan Rabbit spin.
- The French Catapult adds a random WILD on every French Catapult spin.
- The Nuns of Castle Anthrax may appear on any spin to add a locked WILD for all remaining Nuns of Castle Anthrax spins.
The Cave of Caerbannog
The Cave of Caerbannog free games mode has 4 possible modifiers:
- Tim appears on the first spin and turns up to 4 symbols into locked WILD symbols. The locked WILD symbols will remain in position for all Tim spins.
- The Killer Rabbit may appear on any spin to add up to 5 sticky WILD symbols per spin. The sticky WILD symbols remain on the reels for all remaining Killer Rabbit spins.
- Holy Hand Grenade may appear on any spin to create a 2×2, 2×3, 3×2 or 3×3 grid of extra WILD symbols.
- The Black Beast of ARRGH! appears on the first spin and adds a stacked WILD on a random reel. The stack of WILD symbols is locked in place for all Black Beast of ARRGH! spins.
The Forest of Bravery
The Forest of Bravery free games mode has 4 possible modifiers:
- The Black Knight may appear on any spin as a stacked WILD on reel 3. One of his limbs may be cut off, adding another WILD in a random position.
- The Knights Who Say ‘Ni’ may appear on any spin and add up to 7 random WILD symbols.
- Brave Sir Robin may appear on any spin to add 1 stacked WILD.
- The Three-Headed Knight may appear on any spin to add 3 WILD symbols in a “T” pattern.
During free games, the reels are spun automatically using the same bet per line as on the spin that triggered the feature.
Each Free Games modifier in the filled collection area will be played, one after another, for the number of Free Games on that modifier. For example:
- The Cave of Caerbannog collection area with 3 slots could be filled with a Killer Rabbit Modifier with 2 spins, a Black Beast of ARRGH! Modifier with 8 spins and a Holy Hand Grenade Modifier with 7 spins.
- The Killer Rabbit can appear on either of the first 2 Free Games spins and add up to 5 WILD symbols that will remain in place for those 2 spins.
- After the 2 Killer Rabbit spins, all sticky WILD symbols will be removed.
- The Black Beast of ARRGH will then appear and create a stacked WILD on a random reel. The stacked WILD will be locked in place for 8 Free Games spins.
- After the 8 Black Beast of ARRGH! spins, the stacked WILD will be removed.
- 7 Holy Hand Grenade spins will then be played, with a chance for the Holy Hand Grenade to appear and create a 2×2, 2×3, 3×2 or 3×3 square of extra WILD symbols on any of these spins.
- The Cave of Caerbannog Free Games will then end. Any payouts will be awarded and you will be return to the main game.
The Free Games Total field shows the accumulated winnings from all Free Games played so far.
The number of Free Games left remaining is shown at the top of the reels.
After the last free game has finished a message will appear informing you of your total winnings. Click CONTINUE to return to the main game.
The overall amount you have won during the free games will also be displayed in the Win field in the main game.
If the Free Games feature was triggered during the Autoplay mode. The Free Games round begins after you click on CLICK TO START. When the Free Games feature has ended and you click CONTINUE.
When returning to the main game, clicking the SPIN button stops the win ticker and displays the full prize before spinning the reels with the currently selected line bet.
The theoretical percentage return to player (RTP) is 94,18%.