Magical Stacks is a video slot created by Playtech, that does its best to emulate a physical machine in design. For the most part, it works. Except, we never recalled seeing a game with cute, pink-haired girls and their weird pets while hammering away in casinos! But, we suppose there’s a first time for everything.
The slot is played on a standard 5 reel layout, with 20 flexible paylines and can be found in all reputable UK casinos that offer Playtech games. That means players can turn some or all of them on and off to lower their total bet. Wins are only granted from left to right, following an active payline.
So, if you want the experience of playing a physical machine without having to track one down, you’re in luck. Playtech’s release combines cuteness and seriousness in one adorable package. But will that be enough to win gamblers over?
Yes – Why to play Magical Stacks Slot
- There’s a decent variety of bonuses available in Magical Stacks. You get free spins with increasing multipliers, and stacks of mystery symbols! They can transform into almost any icon, so you can imagine how great their winning potential is!
- You don’t have to imagine, because we’ll tell you! The luckiest players can win up to 50,000 coins, which is a fantastic jackpot!
Where to Play?
No – Why not to play?
- While the graphics are fine, the theme is just atrocious. We won’t pretend that physical machines were amazing, but this is such a half-hearted effort on Playtech’s part. The girl and her pet clash horribly with more traditional symbols that fit a physical machine. Add the blandness of playing a fake physical machine, and it’s a perfect disaster.
- Magical Stacks slot has a low RTP, worth 95.03%. Not as bad as some other games by the same developer, but the house edge is still too high for our liking.
Magical Stacks Slot Bonus Features
- Mystery Stacks: Stacked mystery icons can appear during normal gameplay. During free spins, they are more likely to appear. When they land, they will randomly transform into any symbol from the paytable, excluding Scatters and multipliers. All mystery icons transform into the same symbol.
- Super Magical Free Spins: Three or more Scatters reward 10 free spins with a dynamic multiplier. You start with a multiplier between 2x to 5x. Keep an eye out for the golden medallion. Each spin with it present on the reels increases the multiplier, and decreases if it is not there. The multiplier cannot go above 5x, or below 2x.
The special feature was fun, but we’re not sure we would recommend this Playtech release. Magical Stacks slot machine was fun to play, but there are much better games you could try out. If you want to try something with similar bonuses, you can check out Dragon Kingdom slot machine, also by Playtech.