|Online Slot Machine||Top Gun|
|Slot Provider||Playtech Casino Software|
Omni-channel game takes your breath away with original footage and music from the classic 1986 action adventure film
Top Gun Slot Key Details:
Paylines = 243
Reels = 3 x 5
Minimum stake = 0.25
RTP = 94.93%
Could have been more generous:
Before we list the usual Playtech blurb we should probably give you our verdict on this hotly anticipated new slot which is set to herald in a new age for Playtech slots. Well…. we can start off with the Return To Player which is slightly disappointing. In this day and age even with the high cost for the Top Gun license, we would have hoped for around 96% rather than just under 95%. As a flagship slot for a new era we encouraged Playtech to give a little bit more to the customer.
How about the Playtech new look? We it does look good and runs really smoothly. This is very encouraging, this really looks like it could have come out of any of the major players studios. Top marks for that.
Base gameplay is a bit dull:
But what about gameplay? Well this is the biggest disappointment for us. There isn’t really the feel of excitement in this slot. Even in Turbo Mode it all feels a bit stale. The big wins don’t come often and when they do you get video clips from the Top Gun movie but it doesn’t quite get the blood pumping. On the plus side this slot doesn’t mess around with tiny “wins”. And 3x to 20x sized wins come along often enough to keep the bankroll ticking over.
Dogfight Wilds is too slow:
The Dogfight comes along often enough but it plays out frustratingly slowly and very often doesn’t leave you with a win of any size.
The main feature bonus:
It can feel like forever before this feature drops in. Which on the one hand is a pain, on the other hand gives the impression this is a high variance slot with the potential for huge wins during the main feature. So how does that pan out? Well again this is a real dissapointment. It can pay out big wins but with the RTP being under 95% these big wins are few and far between. And there’s little by way of excitement during free spins as well.
It just feels like Playtech don’t really get it. We have talked ourselves blue in the face trying to get the player needs and wishes across to Playtech but they seem to keep missing something. They have done well with the look of this slot, they are improving their mobile play-ability, they took on a high profile license… yet they missed the key ingredient… FUN! Let’s hope that Top Gun is merely a trial for things to come and that they can come up with something that looks this good but actually plays as well as we demand!
The dawn of a new era or a missed opportunity?
Definitely the latter I’m afraid.
London: November 10th 2015 – Playtech has launched a supersonic, premium branded, and officially licensed slot game themed on the iconic action classic Top Gun.
Launched simultaneously across all desktop and mobile devices, the game will take your breath away with its high-speed action and incredible bonus rounds that feature the famous F-14 Tomcat fighter jet flown in the film by Tom Cruise’s character, Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell, and his wingman ‘Goose’.
The 243 ways game feels the need for speed with a series of pulsating features including multiple free spins alongside original movie action clips, and ‘Dog Fight Wilds’ which, once activated, see the F-14 lock, load and fire missiles into the reels unveiling a barrage of Top Gun win symbols.
The timing of the launch could not be better with the classic film celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2016 and Cruise saying earlier this year that he “would like to fly those jets again” in a sequel currently being written.
Playtech offers the industry’s most extensive portfolio of best-performing omni-channel casino content, delivering more than 500 of the most innovative and exhilarating titles across all channels, platforms and devices.
As part of the Playtech ONE omni-channel offering, the casino product allows players to access content anywhere, at any time and on any device through a single wallet and single account.
Driven by the powerful IMS player management platform and data-driven business intelligence technology, Playtech casino delivers industry-leading in-house and premium branded games.
Shimon Akad, COO, Playtech, said: “This iconic movie was the ideal choice for a premium branded game and is sure to be a hit for all our casino licensees and their players across all channels and devices, delivering, as we do with every title and every product, the ultimate gaming experience.”
5-Reel Slots with All-Ways Feature
The objective of Top Gun™ is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
To play the game:
- Once you enter the game, a screen reveals the major game features. Click Continue to go to the main game reels. Click Do Not Show This Message Again if you want this screen to be skipped the next time you load the game.
- The Top Gun™ game is always played with 243 ways. Their number is fixed and cannot be changed.
- Total bet per game round = 25 X coin size.
- Clicking Spin spins the reels with the current total bet. During the reel spin the Spin button changes into Stop. Clicking Stop ends the spin animation and immediately displays the spin result.
- Reels can also be spun using the Auto Play function. Mouse over the Auto Play button to display the list of options. Select the number of spins to be played automatically or choose Until Feature to spin until the Dogfight Wilds or the Danger Zone Free Games round is triggered. Clicking on an option starts the Auto Play function. The Auto Play button changes into Stop during the Auto Play mode. The Auto Play mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined by the player, or when the Dogfight Wilds or the Danger Zone Free Games round is triggered if you chose Until Feature, or when you click Stop.
- Clicking the Turbo Mode button switches on or off the Turbo Mode thus turning on or off some of the win animations and sounds, and making the reels spin faster or slower.
- Wins are multiplied by the coin size and are calculated according to the paytable. The paytable can be accessed via the Info page.
- On a given way, only the highest winning combination pays while simultaneous winnings on different ways are accumulated.
- In the case of a winning spin, the Win field displays the accumulating winnings. The Win ticker can be stopped by clicking anywhere on the screen to display the total win amount immediately.
- Clicking Info opens the reference screen describing different game components. Clicking the arrow buttons at the lower right-hand corner of the screen enables navigating between the different info screens.
- The Paytable screen shows all winning combinations.
- The Dogfight Wilds screen explains the way the feature is triggered and describes its flow.
- The Danger Zone Free Games screen describes the main rules of the Free Games round.
- The 243 Ways to Win screen explains how ways wins work in the game.
- Clicking Back exits the Info screen and returns to the game.
- Payouts are listed on the Paytable screen. To find the possible win amount, the coin size must be multiplied by the payout.
- If two winning combinations occur on the same way, the higher of them is paid out. If more than one active payline has a winning combination, the winnings are added up.
- Winning combinations must start from the leftmost reel, and the same symbol must appear on sequential reels to form a win.
Free Games Symbol
The Free Games symbol appears on reels 1, 3 and 5 only during both the main game and Danger Zone Free Games. It does not have a payout of its own.
Whenever 3 simultaneously appear on reels 1, 3 and 5 during the main game, Danger Zone Free Games are triggered.
Whenever 3 simultaneously appear on reels 1, 3 and 5 during Danger Zone Free Games, the free games round is re-triggered.
The Wild symbol can substitute for any symbol except for to make the best possible winning combination. More information on the Wild symbol can be found in the paytable.
There is also a separate payout for 5 Wild symbols landing on consecutive reels. This payout can be seen in the paytable.
The Dogfight Wilds feature is a mystery trigger in-reel feature. It is only active for the duration of the spin which has triggered it and is available both during the main game and the Danger Zone Free Games.
The Dogfight Wilds feature will trigger on spin. The reels will continue to spin as up to 15 Wild symbols are placed in random positions on the reels.
Dogfight Wilds feature and Danger Zone Free Games can trigger in the same spin. The payout for the spin that triggered both features will be awarded first, with the Dogfight Wilds, then Danger Zone Free Games will begin. Free Games symbols covered by the Dogfight Wilds feature will still count towards triggering Danger Zone Free Games.
The Danger Zone Free Games are triggered whenever 3 simultaneously appear anywhere on reels 1, 3 and 5 during the main game.
The initial number of free games is 8. The free games round can be retriggered by the simultaneous appearance of 3 anywhere on reels 1, 3 and 5 during the Danger Zone Free Games. In this way, you can win an indefinite number of free games.
During Danger Zone Free Games the Dogfight Wilds feature will be enhanced. The enhanced Dogfight Wilds feature is a mystery feature that can be triggered on any Free Games spin. When the enhanced Dogfight Wilds feature is triggered, even more Wild symbols will be placed on the reels than in the standard feature.
Click on Click to Start for the free games round to start.
During the free games, the reels are spun automatically using the same number of ways to win and coin size as on the spin that won the free games round. After each spin, the win is displayed in the Win field. The Free Games Win field shows the accumulated winnings from the current Free Games.
After all Free Games have been completed, a result board summarizes the winnings. Game Win shows the winnings that were received from the main game spin that won the Free Games. Feature Win shows the winnings that were received during the Free Games. Total Win shows the accumulated winnings (Game Win and Feature Win added up).
Clicking Continue will return you to the main game. When returning to the main game, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize.
If the Free Games have been triggered during the Auto Play mode, the Free Games round begins after the player clicks on Click to Start. When all Free Games have been played and the player clicks Continue on the screen summarizing the Free Games win, the Auto Play mode resumes. When returning to the main game, clicking anywhere on the screen stops the win ticker and displays the full prize.
Return to Player
The theoretical percentage return to player (RTP) is 94.93%.
|Info||Open the reference screen that describes the different game components.|
|Coin Value||Increase or decrease the coin value.|
|Auto Play / Stop||Spin the reels a number of times in succession. / End the active Auto Play reelspin mode.|
|Spin / Stop||Spin the reels. / Stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the spin result. In the active Auto Play mode stop the reelspin animation and immediately display the result. Clicking Stop in the active Auto Play mode does not end the Auto Play reelspin mode.|
|Turbo Mode||Speeds up the main game flow of all slot games, which support the Turbo mode, including the current one. Clicking Turbo again resets the normal reel-speed.|
Practice it here: