The Black Diamond slot, released by Everi Games in cooperation with MGS, brings online slot players as close as they can possibly get to the good old days of real Las Vegas mechanical slot machines. Originally designed for use in land-based casinos, this three reel, nine pay line slot is stripped down to the bare essentials and intended to give true slot machine lovers the thrills they’re looking for in a get-down-to-business, no-frills package.
Black Diamond allows the player to set the coin value from €.25 up to €5.00. Bets can be placed on any number of pay lines from one to nine, with up to three coins played on each line, giving us a betting range from €.25 all the way up to €135.00 per spin.
With wilds, payout multipliers, two progressive jackpots, and a 95.95% RTP, Black Diamond gives players plenty of ways to cash in on the action.
- The classic design of this video slot is well done and gives the player a real feeling of the classic mechanical slot machines.
- Two progressive jackpots add up to chances for some huge payouts on every spin.
- MGS slots are one of a shrinking number of slot platforms available to players in the USA.
- For players looking for lots of flash and animations, this slot probably won’t seem very exciting.
- The €.25 minimum coin value makes this slot expensive to play if one wants to play all lines.
- It’s only possible to hit the progressive jackpots by playing all nine lines at maximum bet, which is likely out of the comfort range for many players.
Keeping with the traditional features of the long-lost mechanical one-armed bandits, Black Diamond doesn’t sport a wealth of bonus features, but there are certainly a few extra ways that plays can turn big wins into huge wins. To begin with, the Black Diamond symbol is wild and will substitute for any symbol except multipliers.
The Black Diamond has two progressive jackpots, a major and minor jackpot. To win either, the player must be playing maximum bet, which is three coins per line. Landing three Black Diamond symbols on line nine at max bet will award the major jackpot. Landing three Black Diamond symbols on any of lines one through eight at max bet will award the minor jackpot.
Multipliers can multiply the payout for all winning combinations except for progressives. Two or more multipliers on the same pay line will multiply together and multiply winnings. The maximum total multiplier for any winning combination is 30X.
- 2X multipliers are available on 777, 77, 7, Double Bar, and Single Bar symbols.
- 3X multipliers are available on 7 and Single Bar symbols.
- 5X multipliers are available on 777, 77, and Double Bar symbols.
If you’re looking for a well-built video slot that does a great job of paying homage to the machines of an age gone by, Black Diamond will be a perfect fit. This is one of few slots that doesn’t pretend to be anything other than what it is. You won’t find useless animations or confusing mini-games that only distract without adding any real value.
Younger players who like the 3D graphics and flash of newer slots might think this one is a little bit too stripped down, but the action is solid and Black Diamond is fun to play if you’ve got the bankroll to take it for a spin.