Real Time Gaming (RTG) has released the Diamond Fiesta slot as one of their latest creations. With a theme based on the Mexican Day Of The Dead, it’s a dark but festive game full of colourful symbols and, of course, celebrative skeletons and skulls. Get them together in the right group and they’ll grant you riches from a realm beyond this world.
Diamond Fiesta is a five-reel, three-row slot with 50 fixed pay lines. There are five low-value and four high-value symbols on the reels plus wild and scatter symbols. There is also a special diamond symbol that can take you into a jackpot feature with the potential for huge payouts. As the reels spin, you’ll see all the makings of a Day of the Dead celebration including bottles of Tequila, a beautiful Latina dancer, maracas, a guitar-playing skeleton, and playing card symbols nine through ace.
Not exactly a feature of the game, but still worth mentioning, RTG games are available at many online casinos that accept players from the USA and Australia. So if you happen to be in an area where it’s difficult to find some of the games you see reviewed, there is a pretty good chance that you’ll be able to find this one.
Setting up your wagers on Diamond Fiesta is quite simple and straightforward. As we mentioned, all bets play on 50 pay lines, so you’ll always be playing 50 coins. The only option you have is to set the value of the coins you’d like to play on each line. The coin value can be set from just £.01 up to £.25. That gives the game a minimum bet of £.50 per spin and a maximum of £12.50.
Play The Diamond Fiesta Slot at These Casinos
Yes – Why To Play The Diamond Fiesta Slot
- The bonus features on Diamond Fiesta add a lot of excitement to the game and aren’t too hard to trigger. They also come with some very large potential prizes.
- The low price to play makes Diamond Fiesta a great slot for conservative gamblers who like to get the most out of their bankroll without putting too much at risk on a single spin.
- The RTP (return to player) rate for this slot is not officially listed but from experimenting with the game it appears to be a low volatility slot with an RTP rate that should be somewhere in the area 96%.
No – Why Not Play
- Along with the low minimum wager, Diamond Fiesta also has a very low maximum. The of £12.50 per spin is most likely not going to give casino high rollers the risk or rewards they are looking for when they play.
- Likewise, the low volatility of this slot might not provide enough excitement for some players. Wins come along fairly often for relatively small amounts. For those who like the buildup of anticipation that comes with high volatility slots, this one might prove to be a bit boring.
- The lack of published RTP rate is always something we don’t like to see. Nobody is saying there is anything shady about the game, but we believe that players should be able to look up their odds on any game they play.
Diamond Fiesta Slot Bonus Features
There are only two bonus features built into this slot but they are both capable of adding a significant amount of cash to your casino balance. Here’s how they work.
Jackpot Diamond Feature
The Jackpot Diamond feature can earn you the largest prizes. It is triggered when six diamond symbols land anywhere on the reels.
When the feature starts, you’ll initially be given three respins and the triggering diamond symbols will be held in place. As the reels spin, only diamond symbols are active. Any new diamonds that stop on the reels will be held in place until the feature ends. At the end of the feature, each diamond will reveal either a prize amount or a jackpot value and you’ll be paid for all of them.
If a new diamond symbol lands in one of the four corners of the playfield, the respins will reset to three. In addition, if diamonds land in all four corners, the reels will expand to give you even more chances to pile up prizes. It’s possible to expand the reels from their original 5×3 configuration out to an 8×4 grid.
There are mini and minor jackpot wins that can occur with the reels at any size and prizes range from 1x to 50x your bet. With the reels fully expanded to 8×4, major and grand jackpots are available. Diamonds that land in the corners of the 8×4 grid can award prizes from 3x to 250x your bet.
The reels will expand in the following progression: 5×3 – 6×3 – 6×4 – 8×4
Free Spins Feature
Three of more scatter symbols stopping on the reels will trigger free spins. You’ll be given six spins to start and extra scatter, wild, and diamond symbols are added to the reels.
If three or more scatter symbols land at one time while free spins are active, three more spins will be added. You can also trigger the Jackpot Diamond feature from within free spins.