The Pirates Smugglers Paradise slot from Yggdrasil is a bright, colourful, and exceptionally well done online video slot machine. As you’d expect from this veteran design studio, the graphics are high definition, the gameplay is great, and there are several twists that make it stand apart from the average slot machine. So jump on board and get ready to fill your pockets with the smuggled jewels of a lost pirates’ treasure. The adventure is about to begin, matey!
The Pirates Smugglers Paradise slot has five reels with five rows and uses a cluster pay system. That is, there are no pay-lines where matches must be made. Wins are paid out based on clusters of like symbols adjacent to one another when the reels stop. Any cluster of six or more of the same symbol counts as a win. The more symbols in a cluster when the reels stop, the more you’ll win.
As you can expect from Yggdrasil Gaming, their slots are available at any European online casinos licensed in their jurisdiction. For more information about available casinos in your area, check our detailed casino list per country.
Wagering & Payout
This slot also uses what Yggdrasil calls a dropdown win system. Whenever a winning cluster lands, all non-winning symbols are removed from the reels, remaining symbols fall to the bottom, and new symbols come in from the top. If any new symbols fall that match the winning cluster, the process will repeat with the new symbol(s) being added to the cluster. The cycle continues until no more matching symbols fall and then the win is calculated.
There are 12 different symbols on the reels divided into three groups of four with low, medium, and high values. The highest paying symbols will give you between 10 and 15 coins for each symbol in a winning cluster and the lowest paying symbols will give you two coins for each.
Setting up your wager on Pirates Smugglers Paradise slot is not difficult at all. All you’ll have to do is select the coin value you’d like to play with. There are 17 preset values to choose from and the coin value will be multiplied by 20 to set the overall bet per spin. The coin value can be set from £.01 up to £5.00, which gives you a minimum bet of £.20 and a maximum of £100.00 per spin.
Play the Pirate Smugglers Paradise Slot at Top Rated Casinos
Yes – Why To Play The Pirates Smugglers Paradise Slot
- This slot has a great return to player (RTP) rate of 96.3%. Players can expect good value for the time and money they spend on this slot.
- The cluster pay system combined with the dropdown win system can create some very large wins. You’ll get plenty of opportunities to boost your bankroll from this game.
- Yggdrasil rates this slot as a low to medium volatility game at 37 out of 100. With more or less consistent wins and a fair average win amount, the level of action in this game should appeal to both conservative and more aggressive gambling styles.
No – Why Not Play?
- Because this is a lower volatility slot, many wins will be a bit on the small side. The action and gameplay itself is enjoyable, but very aggressive gamblers might get turned off with so many low numbers rolling across the screen so often.
- Again, the audiovisual design of the game is great, but it doesn’t have the elaborate three-dimensional animations that have made many other Yggdrasil slots so popular. If you really like the 3-D video game style slots, you might want more than this one provides.
- £100 is a pretty respectable maximum bet, but it might still be too low for the casino high rollers who are really looking for a bigger thrill when they sit to play.
Pirates Smugglers Paradise Slot Bonus Features
Bonus features on this slot come in the form of win multipliers and three different free spins modes. Even without wild symbols on the reels, there are still plenty of opportunities for some very rewarding matches.
Win multipliers are triggered by filling complete rows with matching clusters. During regular play, beginning when you fill two complete rows, a multiplier will be added to the total win when the action stops. The multiplier starts at 2x and with each additional row goes to 3x, 5x, and 10x. It will reset to zero at the start of a new spin.
Free spins are triggered by collecting three free spins symbols on any spin or during the dropdown process following a winning match. When you’ve collected three symbols you’ll be given seven free spins.
When the feature begins, you’ll be given a choice of three different places that you can sail to on the map. Each place will take you to a different free spins mode, but it won’t tell you which is which. The game does, however, save the state of the choices you make. That means that if you trigger free spins a second or third time, making the same choice will take you to the same bonus mode. So, you can discover where each game mode is and then choose the one you like best from that point forward.
The multiplier function is also active during free spins, but the possibilities are pushed higher. It’s possible to get a total win multiplier worth 22x instead of just 10x.
Win Fall Free Spins
In this game mode, on any winning spin, two extra winning symbols will automatically be added to the winning cluster each time the dropdown process is activated. So, if a dropdown results in two new symbols falling, you’d get two more on top of that for a total of four. This can result in some high multiplier bonuses.
High Seas Free Spins
During this game mode, all low paying symbols are removed from the reels. This, of course, gives you much higher chances of making winning combinations with the higher value symbols.
Multiplier Madness Free Spins
As you might have guessed, in this mode, the win multiplier value will not reset between spins. It will continue to accumulate throughout the free spins. This, of course, can mean a very high multiplier as you get to the end of the spins.