The Sakura Fruits slot is an Asian themed video slot featuring smooth, tranquil graphics, possibilities of very high payouts, and you guessed it, lots of fruit. You’ll find lemons, cherries, grapes, plums, and more on the reels, all set against a serene garden background where white rose petals blow gently past in the breeze.
This is a 720 ways to win video slot by Amatic with five reels in the 3-4-5-4-3 layout. Players can bet from 10 to 3000 coins per spin and hope to hit a maximum payout of 10,800,000. This is a medium variance slot with some bonus features that’s fun to play, but it’s not going to make our top video slots list.
- The 720 ways and medium variance make for reasonably regular payouts which keep confidence up and extend play time.
- The wide range between minimum and maximum bet make this slot suitable for both conservative players and high rollers.
- There is a surprising lack of bonus features that can lead to rapid boredom.
- The sound is noticeably sparse. There is no background music and only the (very) repetitive sound of mechanical reels stopping on each spin. I turned the sound off because it became irritating.
- There is no mention on the game of, and we were unable to find anywhere else, the return to player rate. We feel this information should not be hidden from players.
Unfortunately, the Sakura Fruits slot only has one bonus feature to speak of. The game’s creators refer to it as…
The Sakura Feature is triggered randomly when the reels stop as you play the game. It is really just a name they’ve made up for placing wilds on the reels. Here’s how it works:
As I said above, rose petals blow by in the background of the game as you play. When this feature is triggered, the rose petals will blow in front of the reels when they stop. One or more of the rose petals will land on symbols on reels two through five. Any symbol they fall on becomes wild.
The top paying symbol on the reels is a beautiful Asian girl who can appear stacked on the reels. If any of the rose petals land on her, all of the space she occupies on the reel will become wild as well.
The Sakura Fruits slot is well designed visually, and there are chances for some big payouts, but that’s about it. The lack of any real bonus features and oddly flat sound leave a lot to be desired. This one is worth adding to your list if you particularly like Asian themed or 720 ways slots, and even then there are better ones like Pyramid Quest For Immortality, Koi Princess and others. For most, this one probably isn’t going to hold your attention for very long.