The Viking Voyage slot from BetSoft is not just another run of the mill release trying to take advantage of the popular Viking-styled slot themes. With the reputation that BetSoft has developed, it should be no wonder that this game comes set with top of the line graphics, big bonuses, exciting and innovative features, and, of course, opportunities for some over the moon payouts.
Viking Voyage is a five-reel, three-row slot that pays off based on ten fixed pay lines. There are three high-value, three medium-value, and five low-value symbols on the reels plus bonus and scatter symbols. High-value symbols sturdy Vikings. Medium-value symbols are made up of some Viking gear and the low-value symbols are playing card values ten through ace. All are high-definition, large designs that will show up brilliantly on any size screen.
Bonus Features & Payouts
There are also plenty of bonus features built into the game as well. You’ll get the chance to gamble with your winnings and you can buy directly into the free spins feature, too. There are plenty of opportunities to put some bounce in your running balance.
Wagering on Viking Voyage is very straightforward. All bet amounts are preset. You’ll get 11 choices ranging from the minimum of £.10 up to a maximum of £10. Just select the amount that you’d like to put down on each spin and you’ll be on your way.
Play Viking Voyage at These Casinos
Yes – Why to Play The Viking Voyage Slot
- Viking Voyage is one of few online slots where the wild symbol can substitute for scatter symbols. With the wild able to make more matches, it really amplifies the chances of hitting larger wins.
- Graphics and animations on this slot are extremely well done. Symbols are bold and crisp making them easily readable on screens from desktops to cell phones without any strain. You can play the Viking Voyage slot at any mobile casino powered by Betsoft.
- There is a generous return to player (RTP) rate on this slot that assures players good value for their money. The long-term return to player rate on Viking Voyage is 96.12%.
No – Why Not Play?
- As far as bets and payouts go, this game runs a bit on the low end. The maximum bet is only £10 per spin and the maximum payout tops out at £4,713.15. For players that need to see higher numbers to get their juices going, this slot might not fit the bill.
- The feature buy-in option on this game should be avoided. The cost to get the extra spins far outweighs the potential payout. It’s a sure way to dump a lot of money quickly.
- This appears to be a high volatility slot that will definitely create some peaks and valleys in your balance as you play. Players should be ready with sufficient bankroll and stamina to last through some possibly long cold streaks before big wins hit.
Viking Voyage Slot Bonus Features
As you’d expect from a top developer like BetSoft, this slot doesn’t run short of bonus features. Wilds, free spins, and scatters combine to bring big rewards.
Wild symbols will, of course, substitute for all other regular symbols but they have some special properties, too. If you land three wild symbols on one reel, they will combine to form a special stacked symbol and award a free respin. It’s also possible for another stacked wild to land on the re-spin and trigger another one.
Free spins are triggered by landing the Viking boat bonus symbol on both reels one and five at the same time. When triggered, you’ll receive ten free spins. During the free spins feature all wins are multiplied by three. Free spins can also be retriggered by landing two more Viking boat symbols at any time during the feature. Re-spins caused by stacked wild symbols are also available during free spins and will play out without counting against the balance of the free spins.
Both the raven scatter symbol and the wild symbol can count towards scatter wins. Only one wild per reel will substitute for a scatter symbol, but it’s possible to get a scatter win from wild symbols even if no raven symbols are visible on the reels.
The buy feature allows you to buy directly into the free spins feature for 70 times the current bet. During regular spins there is a bonus buy coin symbol that can land on reels one and five. Whenever one of the coins lands it will discount the buy feature cost by a random amount ranging from 20% of the total bet up to two times the total bet.
The double up game is easy to understand. After any standard win, you’ll be given the option to gamble your winnings with the chance to double up. You gamble either all or half of the win. A coin will be flipped and all you have to do is correctly predict if it will land on heads or tails to double your bet.