The Wilderland slot from NetEnt takes you on a mystical trip through the night time forest where magical elves walk among the darkened trees guarding hidden treasures just below the fallen leaves. With walking wilds, win multipliers, and chances for loads of free spins, this is the perfect video slot machine for anyone who just wants to play a visually beautiful game and get right into the action and start counting wins.
Wilderland is a traditional five-reel, three-row slot that uses 20 fixed pay lines. The game has nine regular symbols on the reels plus four different wild symbols and a scatter symbol. Symbols are divided into two groups with five paying higher values and four paying lower. The highest value symbol will award you six times your bet for five of a kind while the lowest will give you back even money if five of them land on a line.
The theme on this slot is very well done. It’s a simple idea done with elegant beauty and dark, calming colours. There are no over-the-top animations or larger than life three-dimensional characters, but everything works fine without all that. It’s obvious that the game was meant to be fun but relaxing, too. The high paying symbols consist of an elven woman, an enchanted bow with a quiver of arrows, a magical sceptre and more. Low-value symbols are fallen leaves in the shapes of the four playing card suits.
Wagering & Payout
Setting up your wager is quick and easy. The only option you’ll need to fiddle with is the coin value you’ll be using. The game will automatically multiply the value by 20 to determine your total bet per spin. The minimum coin value is just £.01 and the maximum is £20.00. That gives us a minimum overall bet of £.20 per spin and a maximum of £400.
Play the Wilderland Slot at Top Rated Casinos
Yes – Why To Play The Wilderland Slot
- Wilderland gives players excellent value for their time and money with a generous return to player (RTP) rate of 96.16%.
- This video slot is a low volatility game. That means players can expect a fairly steady stream of winning spins, even if they may be for low amounts. For the more conservative gamblers, it should be comforting to play without large drops in your balance while you’re waiting for wins to come in.
- The action in this game is very straightforward. It’s designed to play fast and give you real slot machine action without lots of bells and whistles to distract you. For those who like a simple but effective design, this one should fit your tastes well.
- NetEnt casinos are available to players worldwide, except few specific regions. You can visit the YESNOCASINO guide with online casinos available in your country for more information.
No – Why Not Play?
- While the low volatility of this slot will probably be welcomed by conservative gamblers, those looking for some more nail-biting action might want something that gets their adrenaline going a little bit more.
- The theme of this slot is probably not for everyone. Petite, sparkling, white elves are not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. Some players might be looking for something a bit more…let’s say…rugged.
- Wilderland is also surely not going to be the game of choice for those of you that like your video slots packed with three-dimensional characters and wild animations. The design is intentionally simple and to the point.
Wilderland Slot Bonus Features
Like the rest of the game, the bonus features on this slot are quite simple. They can, however, stack up nicely to deliver some large wins when you least expect it. Walking wilds and free spins will help keep your balance healthy as you play.
Forest Treasure Feature
The first thing you’ll notice when you load the game up is the “activation zone” on the middle row of the play area. Whenever two wild symbols land horizontally adjacent to one another in that zone, it triggers the forest treasure feature.
When the feature triggers, all wild symbols that triggered it will become walking wild symbols. That is, they will all move one space to the left at the beginning of each spin until they move off of the reels. You should note that you don’t get free respins as part of this feature. The walking wilds move as you play your regular spins.
Each symbol can remain as a regular wild or transform into a multiplier (2x) wild, an expanding wild which will cover the entire reel, or a scatter wild which will serve as both a wild and scatter symbol while it’s on the screen.
Magic Wild Feature
During the regular game, when an expanding wild symbol is the last walking wild to move off the reels, it is possible that the magic wild feature will trigger and the wild symbol will re-enter the game on the fifth reel.
In free spins mode, the magic wild feature can activate and cause the last walking wild to leave the reels to re-enter on the fifth reel regardless of what type of wild symbol it is.
Free Spins Feature
Free spins are triggered when three or more scatter symbols appear anywhere on the reels at the same time. If the feature is triggered by three scatters, it will start with one walking wild symbol in the middle row on reel five. For each additional scatter symbol that triggers the feature, an additional walking wild or walking 2x wild will be placed randomly on the reels.
During free spins, the entire playfield is the activation zone. That means that if you get two wilds horizontally next to each other anywhere on the reels, the forest treasure feature will trigger.
Free spins will continue until all walking wilds have left the reels. It is possible to see large numbers of free spins as the magic wild feature brings leaving wild symbols back and new wild symbols land. During testing, our first free spins feature ended up going through 17 spins. The result, obviously, is possibilities for very large rewards from the free spins feature.