The Witchcraft Academy slot is a five-reel, four-row video slot from one of our favourite game makers, NetEnt. Looking suspiciously like a school that a certain young wizard named Harry might attend, the Witchcraft Academy is a mysterious school of magic where you’ll find the likes of colourful magic potions, young dragon whelps, and beautiful enchanted owls. Join our heroes, Efora the Witch, and Earthan the Wizard as they search for knowledge and treasure.
Witchcraft Academy is a well designed, HTML5 video slot that will work on all of your devices, desktop or mobile. There are plenty of bonuses as well as a unique “Element Bonus” feature that players are sure to love. 3D graphics and great sound also earn this video slot big kudos for presentation.
The Witchcraft Academy video slot pays on 20 fixed pay lines. Players are able to set coin value from €.01 up to €1.00 and play from one to ten coins on each line. That, if you’re following along with the math, gives us a minimum wager of €.20 and a maximum wager of € 200.00 on each spin. The maximum possible payout on this new video slot is 160,000 coins, or €160,000 if you’re playing maximum coin value.
Best NetEnt Casinos to Play:
- The visual design of this video slot is very well done, with unique, 3D symbols and animations.
- The minimum and maximum betting ranges make this game very accessible for any size bankrolls.
- There are plenty of bonus features that help boost wins, and the Element Bonus feature is just plain fun to play.
- The 96.38% return to player rate puts this slot machine in line with standard RTP rates and gives players a lot of value and play time for their wagers.
- As I mentioned above, the design of this slot is highly reminiscent of a certain magical young man named Harry. Some players might find this a bit too childish.
- This appears to be a medium variance slot, which means you might see some big dips in your bankroll before hitting any big wins, but it shouldn’t be a terribly bumpy ride.
- I think this one is one of NetEnt’s better slot releases. You just might find yourself spending too much time and having too much fun. Be careful!
Adding to the fun theme and brilliant design of this video slot, NetEnt has packed in some great bonus features to keep you smiling, spinning, and winning.
What would a modern slot machine be without wild symbols? On Witchcraft Academy, wild symbols can show up on reels one, two, four, and five during both the main game and free spins. They will substitute for any symbols on the reels except for scatter and bonus spins symbols.
When three or more scatter symbols land anywhere on the reels, the Elements Bonus feature is triggered.
For this stage, the player is presented with a three-dimensional grid of five columns and four rows. The first three rows are populated by Armour Guards and urns full of treasure. The final row has scatter symbols that will unlock free spins features, like extra spins or multipliers — if you manage to trigger the free spins.
In front of the grid stand Earthan and Efora, waiting to cast their magic and try their luck (See image above). The player must choose one or the other to fire their elemental shot. Each shot will travel down a randomly selected column of the grid and destroy the first object it hits. When an Armour Guard is hit, it will explode and destroy any object adjacent to it.
The player must first destroy all of the objects in a column to be able to hit the scatter symbol at the end. If three scatter symbols are hit before you run out of shots, free spins will be activated with the features that have been unlocked.
Hitting three scatter symbols during the Element Bonus stage will award you with five free spins by default, but it’s possible that you may have unlocked more during the Element Bonus. During the free spins, two or more bonus spin symbols landing anywhere on the reels will award more free spins as follows:
- 2 symbols award 5 more spins
- 3 symbols award 10 more spins
- 4 symbols award 15 more spins
- 5 symbols award 20 more spins
It looks like NetEnt has put out another winner with Witchcraft Academy. It’s difficult to find any flaws in this slot. Both the presentation and the gameplay are very well done. This one is just fun to play no matter how you look at it.
It stands up well from a technical point of view as well. There are plenty of bonus features to keep the game interesting. The medium variance and good RTP rate come together to give players good value and a lot of play for their money. And finally, the wide range of betting options allow just about anyone to play the stakes they’re comfortable with.