The Temple Stacks Splitz slot from Yggdrasil is the first of a new type of video slot from this veteran game developer known for their innovation and killer graphics. The theme of the game, as you’ve probably guessed, is built around an ancient Aztec temple. As you’d expect from Yggdrasil, everything is done with excellent attention detail, high definition graphics, and just a great overall audiovisual presentation.
Temple Stacks Splitz, at its base, is a five-reel, three-row video slot machine that uses the ways to win payout system. There are no traditional pay lines. Instead, matching three or more symbols from left to right anywhere on three adjacent reels will result in a win.
Splitz Feature: What is it?
What makes this game different is the Splitz feature. On any spin, one or more reels can stop with a mystery Splitz stack. When this happens, all symbols in the stack will become the same symbol and when the stack is revealed it can split into anywhere from three to twelve symbols. Splitz can result in up to nine symbols in the base game and 12 during free spins. With the combinations that the Splitz system can generate, it’s possible to have up to 248,832 ways to win on a single spin.
Wagering & Payout
All in all, there are ten regular symbols on the reels plus free spins symbols that also serve as wilds. Higher paying symbols are made up of five brightly coloured gemstones. The low-paying symbols are made up of five hieroglyphic animal symbols.
Wagering on Temple Stacks is nothing complicated. All you’ll need to do is set the coin size that you want to play with. Your final bet will be the coin size multiplied by 20. Possible coin values range from £.005 up to £1. That gives us a minimum be of £.10 and a maximum of £20.
Play the Temple Stacks Splitz Slot Here
Yes – Why To Play The Temple Stacks Splitz Slot
- The very low minimum and maximum wagers on this slot make it a perfect fit for conservative gamblers or new slot players that don’t want to spend a lot to experiment with new games.
- Temple Stacks is also a low volatility game, meaning that you’ll see wins more often, although they will be for smaller amounts. This is also likely to appeal to new and conservative players as well.
- The overall return to player (RTP) rate on this slot is 96.1%, which fits right in with what we’d expect from a modern video slot. Players will get a good value for the money they play on Temple Stacks.
- You can find this and other Yggdrasil slots at most UK online casinos.
No – Why Not Play?
- The low betting limits and volatility may not do much for players that like to gamble a bit more or prefer the higher risk and excitement that come along with high-volatility slots.
- Although the theme is well done and in high definition, the symbols and background lack some of the character that usually comes with Yggdrasil games. Players looking for big animation and moving symbols might find themselves disappointed.
- The free spins feature can be extremely lucrative, but it seems to be difficult to trigger. When coupled with the lower payouts, this gets frustrating.
Temple Stacks Splitz Slot Bonus Features
Aside from the Splitz feature, the big bonus focus is on the free spins in this game. It’s possible to trigger respins and free spins and there are even four different free spin modes that players can unlock and choose as they play.
Respins are triggered whenever two free spins symbols stop on the reels. When this happens, each of the two symbols will become a sticky wild and a respin will occur.
Landing three or more free spins symbols will trigger free spins mode. There are four different types of free spins available that will unlock one at a time the first four times that you trigger the feature. They are steel, bronze, silver, and gold.
When free spins start, you’ll get to choose which mode you want to use. Steel will give you the most spins, but lesser prizes. As you go towards gold, you’ll get fewer spins, but larger possible prizes.
Three free spin symbols will get you 15 steel spins, 9 bronze spins, 6 silver spins, or 3 gold spins plus £2.
Four free spin symbols will get you 20 steel spins, 12 bronze spins, 8 silver spins, or 4 gold spins plus £20.
Five free spin symbols will get you 35 steel spins, 21 bronze spins, 14 silver spins, or 7 gold spins plus £200.